While I love running and exercising, I also love eating, carousing and having social drinks. My diet is usually not ideal for someone trying to drop kilos as well, so I’m always quite interested in tips or ways to ‘think’ healthy.
I happened to be reading a post by John Quiggin – an economist with a fondness for running- on calories v kilojoules that generated a lot of interesting comments and suggestions.
A few comments contained a number of useful and/or interesting links regarding diet and exercise that I thought I’d collect and gather here for your reading interest.
- Fast and furious: intensity is the key to health and fitness
- 30 minutes of daily exercise does the trick
- Australian Government – Department of Health and Ageing – Healthy eating calculator
- Deprive yourself: The real benefits of fasting
- Radio National Health Report – Are all calories equal?
Some interesting stuff there. Clearly I need to be a bit more keen to do some sprint repeats!