I’ve been using Access 2007 for about an hour now, quickly developing a small database to store information on what periodicals I’ve been reading for my thesis, and when I have accessed them. Quick review – it is fairly impressive! Highlights are:
- The Ribbon Gui common to all Office 2007 products is used very well in Access 2007
- Graphical Calendar Lookup for Date Fields.
- Split View Forms – Graphical Form at top, Datasheet at the bottom.
- Ability to standardised formatting of controls on a form, meaning left, top, width and height values are consistent for groups of form controls! This means one can ‘pretty’ up a form much faster and easier.
- Combo Box Lookup Wizards in Table Design.
Hopefully it won’t take too much time away from me actually *doing* work!